First of all, allow me to say how much I appreciate the outpouring of gratitude and support I’ve received since posting Resto4Life Closing Its Doors. It’s truly overwhelming, and I can’t be more thankful to everyone who’s spoken to me – directly, through comments, through e-mail, or through their own blogs – with nothing but kind words. Wow!
Secondly, I’ve realized that I could have been clearer in terms of how you can submit your screenshot for the “Farewell” competition. Here is some additional information:
- You can submit your image(s) by e-mailing them to.
- All entries must be submitted on or before March 12th to give me plenty of time to prepare the post.
- TGA, JPG, or PNG are all acceptable formats.
- You must be in some Druid form or in one of the class-specific armor sets so that I can verify your Druid identity.
- I would appreciate also if you could let me know if you happen to live outside the U.S. or Canada so I know whether you are eligible to win the Nostromo N52te.
- I’m going to do the give away in game on March 19th at 9 PM EST in the Shadowglen starting area in Teldrassil on my home server, Scarlet Crusade (US). Shadowglen is the starting town for Night Elf Druids.
- You need not be present to be eligible to win, and you need not have submitted a picture to come hang out with all the baby Druids (Restoforwife, I’m looking at you).
- Because of the tremendous number of shirts that have been ordered in the last few days, I’m also able to offer two shirts as “runner-up” prizes in the “roll off” competition! Thanks, everyone!
- No, I’m not giving away naming rights to our baby. Nice try, though!
Fimlys and Bre, cohosts of the Twisted Nether Blogcast have very graciously invited me onto their upcoming show. I had to decline recording it live because a) I might get overly emotional and b) I’d definitely be over-nervous, but I am looking forward to recording on Friday (shows are typically released at some time the following week).
My contact form has apparently been borked since the last time I tried to “fix” it. If you sent me a message that way, please send me an e-mail instead. I’ve been unable to respond to Ako of Tortheldrin (US) or Imparatus of Azgalor (US) so far.
Finally, I realize that I wasn’t clear about the future of the site. As far as I can foresee, Resto4Life will remain online at least until the next expansion (the only thing that would change this would be if something went catastrophically wrong with it). I’m a web developer so having some web space available to me is always a good thing. As such, while I appreciate the several offers of hosting I’ve received, I’m happy to continue hosting it myself. Thank you, though.