Patch notes for PTR Patch 2.1.2 were released by Blizzard this morning. Among the most notable changes is an upcoming buff to the PvP trinket:
PvP Trinkets: Insignia of the Alliance, Insignia of the Horde, Medallion of the Alliance, and Medallion of the Horde have all been redesigned. The trinkets for all classes now have the same effect: Dispels all movement impairing effects and all effects which cause loss of control of your character.
Of course, a buff of this nature is a nerf to users of crowd control. Particularly hard hit will be druid Cyclone which presently suffers extremely diminishing returns and a short duration (6 seconds, 3 seconds, 1.5 seconds – less time than it takes to cast the spell). This change could well make this ability near worthless which is really a shame given the poor showing that druids are making in all three Arena brackets.
More druid-specific changes are also included with this patch:
- Druids in Swift Flight form can no longer loot herb nodes.
- Force of Nature: This spell will no longer causes players it is cast on to enter combat with nearby creatures. All of the treants summoned will now attack a neutral creature they are summoned on.
- Tree of Life: The bonus healing aura from this talent will reactivate when a Banish effect wears off a Druid in Tree Form.
Anzu, the final encounter in the druid epic form quest chain, has also been retuned:
- Anzu, the Raven God may no longer be pulled far away from the location where he is summoned.
- Anzu’s Spell Bomb is now a curse and he will no longer charge.
- The quantity and health of Minions of Anzu that spawn have been reduced.
- The frequency and duration of many of [Anzu's] abilities have been retuned to make the fight more forgiving.
There have been a lot of complaints related to this fight on the druid forums, so I’m glad to see it’s being retuned before it applies to me.