In honor of June 1 as Arbor Day … in Cambodia (I missed this year’s U.S. observance), I am issuing a challenge to readers! It will test both skill and dedication! I want PICTURES of your TREE OF LIFE with the following:
- A [Cenarion Expedition Tabard], demonstrating your worthiness to be hugged by that hippiest of factions
- One or more of the following: [Enormous Barbed Gill Trout], [Red Winter Hat] or [Green Winter Hat], [Grayson's Torch] or [Elune's Lantern], [Farmer's Broom] or [Pitchfork], [Crown of the Fire Festival]
- The 2-piece T4, T5, or T6 set bonus OR, alternatively, the chest, helm, and legs from Wildheart, Cenarion, Stormrage, or Dreamwalker sets! Show us your old-school pride!
- 2 stacks of [Heavy Netherweave Bandage] for handing out to those people who still use the annoying “Heal Me!” emote
- A stack of [Lesser Mana Potion] for giving to people who ask for your Innervate
- A pair of gloves enchanted with [Enchant Gloves - Fishing]
- The [Violet Signet of the Grand Restorer], demonstrating unwavering commitment to fixing whatever the heck is wrong in Karazhan
- A [Shiny Red Apple] with which to taunt hungry Ferals
- A [Swashbuckler Shirt] of any color; ‘ARRRRGG!! YE BE A PIRATE TREE!’
- The ability to build a [Basic Campfire] without setting yourself ablaze (actually including the bonfire in your picture is purely optional)
- 20 x [Maple Seed] to use when casting Rebirth out of combat or for planting baby versions of yourself
To participate in this challenge, you must send me a screenshot of your Druid meeting the above requirements. In honor of Arbor Day, pictures should be taken while in Tree of Life and should meet the following criteria:
- Nothing should obstruct the full and glorious view of your character you’ve (no inventory screens or character sheets; we just want to see your Tree).
- Include a description of your surroundings or really any sort of flavor text you like.
- Feel free to include your favorite non-combat pet in the picture, particularly if you feel it complements your roleplay backstory.
- Be creative with your backdrops, and feel free to combine entries with your friends. A forest of trees would be great!
- Note that if your Tree of Life is of the … purple variety, I will not include your character server name.
I’ll be compiling all the appropriate entries into a gallery of images for the site and showcasing a few of my favorites. Entries should be in TGA or JPG format and can be sent to me at . Entries must be submitted no later than Friday, May 30th.
Advertising the Arbor Day Challenge
For other blog authors interested in encouraging participation in this contest, Valenna has created the following *.PNG banners (feel free to create your own):
I hope that many authors from the Restoration branch of the World Tree will opt to play along themselves!
Taking TGA Screenshots in World of Warcraft
If you prefer to take your screenshots in TGA format, use Notepad or another plain text editor to open the config.wtf file found in your WTF directory. Find and change the lines that look like this:
SET screenshotFormat “JPG”
SET screenshotQuality “3″
So that they look like this:
SET screenshotFormat “TGA”
SET screenshotQuality “10″
Save the file and close it. Note that you’ll need to restart WoW for your changes to be effective.