Taking a cue from Leafshine, I’d like to take this opportunity to take a look back at 2008 for Resto4Life.
Top 10 Posts as Measured by Page Views
As I would have expected, among the most popular articles to reference were guides, including 2.4 mana regeneration and how to pick from the plethora of trinkets available in TBC. Andrige is also directly responsible for more than 120,000 of my page hits in 2008 with his sharing of a female hairstyles preview (which continues to receive lots of inbound links) and his customized shapeshifting skins.
- Wrath of the Lich King Female Hairstyles
This post alone has brought in more than 100,000 visitors. I imagine the companion piece over at BBB has had similar results.
- Calculator: Mana Regeneration (from 2.4)
This will eventually be updated for Wrath, but I’ve been reluctant to invest the time with all the blue talk about wanting to nerf mana regeneration (an action that could significantly change the formula used).
- 2.4 Mana Regen: The Basics
Without a doubt, one of my most complex series of 2008.
- Andrige’s Shapeshift Skins
Clearly, forms customization is high on the priority list for Druids! Hopefully 2009 will see some innovative and inspiring new forms for Druids of all shape.
- Mailbag: WotLK Item List
This was my original “I filter WoWHead so you don’t have to” list. I’m going back and writing more detailed posts by groups of slots now.
- Grid: Thinking within the Box(es)
Not surprisingly, many people had follow-up questions to my post on customizing this often overwhelmingly complex addon.
- Talent Spec: Leveling Restoration/Balance
- The Belkin Nostromo N52 TE
- 2.4 Mana Regen: Regrowth as the New Raid Heal
As far back as 2.4, I totally called the awesomeness of Regrowth.
- Arrrghhh!!! Trinkets!!!
This is another post I intend to rewrite for Wrath at some point, though if ever stop posting, it’s a good guess that I didn’t make it through writing it!
Top 10 Posts as Measured by Comments
These are the posts that got visitors talking. I worked hard in 2008 to ensure that I responded to as many comments as I could, but these posts were the ones that gave me a definite run for my money!
- Direct Healing in Wrath (73 comments)
Interestingly, the original post on this subject written during the WotLK beta (since unpublished to avoid confusion) generated 27 comments of its own!
- Ghostcrawler: Wild Growth May Receive 6-Second Cooldown (65 comments)
This is a very recent post that generated a lot of discussion about whether such a cooldown was necessary and how much it would affect us if so.
- Grid: Thinking within the Box(es) (63 comments)
- The Belkin Nostromo N52 TE (63 comments)
I was very happy with the amount of interest this post generated. Still waiting for my free Belkin Nostromo N52 TE to give away as part of a site contest, though! /peers Belkin
- Andrige’s Shapeshift Skins (61 comments)
- Blue: Mana Regen Complexity and Restoration Scaling (60 comments)
- Bornakk: Druids Not to be “Big Green Blobs” (59 comments)
I’m still waiting for the Druid- or multi-healer-oriented blog named “Big Green Blob.”
- 9014 Nerfs and Ghostcrawler Responds to Resto Concerns (55 comments)
- Build 8962 Changes (51 comments)
- Ghostcrawler: Healers Not to be Interchangeable (51 comments)
Surprisingly, many of the top-commented post were related to blue posts or posts about upcoming changes to the class and spec. This would seem to indicate that a large number of visitors like to get their Druid-related (or at least Resto-related) news here and might even prefer discussing it here to discussing it on the forums.
Most Popular Shirt Designs
I love adding new designs to the shirt shop. Here were the top performers in 2008 (these results are obviously biased based on the time they were added):
- HoTs Girlfriend and HoTs Boyfriend
- Positive Carbon Footprint
- Restoration Cloud
- Resto4Life Logo
- Restoration Wreath
Other Stats of Interest for 2008
- There were 234 total posts.
- Visitors made a total of 3706 comments.
- I made a total of 650 comments.
- Resto4Life.com received a total of 665,410 visits and 1,355,119 page views.
- Visitors spent an average of 3 minutes on the site per visit.
- There were 29 Community Spotlight posts or an average of 2.4 a month.
- I received (and hopefully responded to) more than 450 e-mails, not including those related to Arbor Day or Turkey Day.
Thanks to everyone who visited and contributed and helped make 2008 an awesome year for Resto4Life! I am looking forward with excitement to 2009 and hope you are, too!