Artwork, Community, Tree-Shirts
Public Service Announcement for Fans of the Big-Bottomed Bear
Devoted readers of BigBearButt who have despaired at his recent silence may still be subscribed to a defective version of his RSS feed. You can subscribe to a working version of his feed at http://thebigbearbutt.com/feed/.
Resource Highlight: The Daily Druid
Dan O’Halaran of WoWInsider renown has created a fabulous new resource that may just obsolete the Community Spotlight feature here at Resto4Life (though I enjoy these posts too much to admit as much)! The Daily Druid reviews the most topical Druid-related posts from all around the blogosphere. Best of all, these posts are categorized by spec, making it a snap to get the information that’s most relevant to you and your playstyle. Check him and subscribe out here!
Posts I Loved
Here are a few of my favorite reads since the last Community Spotlight post:
- 3.09 and You from Orbital Bombardment
Wondering how the upcoming change to Ferocious Bite will affect you? Raine explores this (mostly) PvP-related nerf to burst DPS.
- Best in Slot for Resto Druid from Sydera of World of Matticus
Sydera shares her thoughts on the best items by slot from all currently available raid content. Warning: may become outdated with the upcoming nerf to Spirit.
- The Best Raid Heal from Passport to Shandris
Dave Ciskowski breaks down the total amount healed over time of all available raid heals. Includes some very cool step-graphs!
- A Comparison of Two-Handers from Unbearably HoT
Runy takes a look at the best DPS-oriented 2-handers available to Cats. Let it be known that I take no responsibility for the ridiculousness of her double entendres.
- Doing It Kitty Style: The Basics from Of Teeth and Claws
Everyone knows that CATIS4FITE. Karthis shows you how in this great DPS primer for cool cats and wanna-be dps-kittens.
- Eclipse: Parts I, II, III, and IV from Gray Matter
In a series larger than a boomkin’s bottom, you’ll learn more than you ever wanted to know about the Balance talent, Eclipse.
- Flavors of Tanking – A Healer’s Guide from World of Snarkcraft
A guest post from Joveta’s significant other and detailing the different “flavors” tanks come in: threat and mitigation. Personally, I prefer Karamel Sutra.
- Healing without the Tree of Life Form from Casual WoW
Byaghro rebuts my earlier post Mailbag: A Deforested Restoration Build with his recommendations on a build and playstyle for healing without Tree of Life. Due to its limitations, he strongly emphasizes this spec as unsuitable for raiding.
- Heroic Cheat Sheet: Utgarde Keep from 4 Haelz
Bellwether walks (waddles?) Resto Druids through healing this Heroic instance.
- How to Level a Moonkin from Gray Matter
A straightforward approach to maturing from plucky chick to a level 80 laser turkey of death.
- Hybrid Envy from Of Teeth and Claws
A great rebuttal to the assertion that Druids (and other classes capable of speccing for more than one role) should perform at less than 100% than their “pure” counterparts.
- Macros for a Leveling Druid from Druid Main
As a devoted user of the Nostromo Gamepad, I’m a big fan of space-saving macros. Here are a few fun and useful ones to add to your arsenal.
- More on Wild Growth from Nerf This Druid
Averna reviews the basic mechanics of Wild Growth, a spell that seems to confuse many Druids.
- Representation of Mice from Out of Mana
A fantastic explanation of the cascading effect class imbalance can have on class distribution in competitive Arena play.
- Waxing Philosophical: Healer Squabbles from Tree Bark Jacket
Keeva takes a look at the underlying reasons for the seemingly disproportionate animosity among healers on the official role forums.
Eggo on Wild Growth and Nourish
This week reader and avid Druid illustrator Eggo shares a comic related to the recent change to Nourish whereby it benefits from the HoT applied by Wild Growth. Here’s the first panel, but be sure to click to view the whole comic!
Personally, I’m excited about the prospect of “Zomg Boob Tree.” Hopefully Blizzard takes notice and gives my Tree boobies and a grass skirt in their upcoming graphical revamp. (I’m kidding, of course. Mostly.)
Blue: I <3 Graylo
A recent blue post in the official Druid class forum caught my eye a few moments ago. Eyonix writes:
<3 Graylo’s blogs
A big congratulations to Graylo! It is really exciting – for all of us – to think Blizzard might read some of the many fantastic class/spec-based blogs out there. This makes me feel a little guilty about all my crab-related posts. Well, sorta.
Paininabox’s WotLK Restoration Spreadsheet v1.31L
- Added gems
- Added Innervate
- New stat scale options
- Added Tauren support (cows are HEAVY)
- Beaming Earthsiege and Ember Skyflare Meta gem support
You can always find the most current link to download this spreadsheet in the Resources section.
New Druid blogs! New Druid blogs!
- Druid Main – And alternates!
- Foofy’s Cupcake Factory – Who wouldn’t want to visit a cupcake factory? OM NOM NOM!
- Gnome Druid – Blasphemy!
- Nerf This Druid – Well, not THIS Druid. That’s just the name of a blog. Please don’t nerf me.
- Passport to Shandris – Just make sure you store all fluids in containers of 3.4 ounces or less.
- Sauteed Sunfish – Best enjoyed with a glass of Chardonnay.
Save 14% on Tree Shirts until February 11
U.S. and Canadian residents can save 14% on Tree Shirts orders of $25 or more today and tomorrow. Simply enter codes FEB19 (U.S.) or CADFEB19 (Canada) upon checkout.
P.S. I love words that I can type with just one hand because then you can use the mouse at the same time. Did you know that "warcraft" is one such word?
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.