Artwork, Community, Tree-Shirts
"Shift Happens" Tree-Shirt Design Contest
- Inspired by the name of our guild in beta, the theme of the contest is SHIFT HAPPENS. The shirt design should include this phrase. The graphic can be one of your choosing. Ideally, it should be something partially Resto-related.
- To reduce the possibility of problems with copyright infringement, designs should not make use of the model viewer.
- Designs with fewer colors (simpler, less gradiated designs) appear to print better than those with greater color depth.
- Readers will have the chance to select their favorite of the submitted designs (hopefully, there will be more than one).
- The winner will receive a complimentary copy of the shirt they’ve designed in exchange for giving me permission to resell the design (and I recognize that you’re doing me a tremendous favor by doing so).
- The deadline for shirt submissions is September 24 which, not coincidentally, is also my birthday. ^_^
Additional (technical) requirements:
- Design should be 3000 x 3000 pixels at 400 DPI.
- Design should be submitted in transparent PNG format. You can e-mail your submission to me at . If file size is an issue, I can give you temporary access to an FTP server.
- Due to restrictions of the printing process, I will have to smooth out any rough edges and fill in any small gaps by placing a second layer of color behind the design. Just something to keep in mind!
|Night Elf by Erica Batton|
Another round of best of the best blog posts that I’ve found
- The 3.0 Patch – Cat Build Edition from Kalon of ThinkTank
Kalon plays with a possible build for kitty cats in Wrath with an eye toward the elimination of powershifting as a DPS tool.
- Addressing Druid Tanking in WotLK from Runycat of Unbearably HoT
Runy rants about the troubles faced by Ferals in Wrath of the Lich King, analyzing at length the comments made by Ghostcrawler regarding changes to Bear itemization and mitigation.
- Character’s Theme Song from Tigerfeet Secret Agent Cat
It shouldn’t take a leap (or Feral Charge) of intuition to guess what theme song Tigerfeet chose for herself.
- Debuffs Made Easy: Blizzard’s Way Out from Natarumah of Twisted Faith
Natarumah comments on the change to buff and debuff stacking and changes to mana regeneration affecting Shadow Priests.
- Epic Flight Form Questline: A Guide from Aurik of /hug
A highly detailed, beautifully illustrated guide to completing what is, in my opinion, one of the best questlines in the game. Hats off to Aurik for doing it justice!
- Ferals and the Restoration Tree from Tigerfeet of Secret Agent Cat
Tigerfeet discusses the Feral-oriented talents within the Restoration tree, including Furor, Naturalist, Natural Shapeshifter, and Master Shapeshifter.
- Keybinding Guide from Horns of YAOWN
Don’t be a clicker. Please.
- Tree of Life History Lesson from Keredria of Tree of Life
Get schooled by Keredria on the myths surrounding the "Tree of Life" in various world cultures.
World Tree Additions
Just one new Druidy place to read and subscribe to this week:
- Glyph of Thorns
Arianthorn of Moonglade (EU) plays a Balance Druid with a bad case of altitis. Plenty of Beta commentary … not that I’m into that sort of thing …
Wordle is a free, Java-based service that creates keyword-density clouds of a blog’s most recent posts. You can see my Wordle cloud below:
The words "change" and "Northrend" make prominent appearances, probably because of the recent Wrath of the Lich King posts. Spirit, +Healing, Aura, Tree, and Life are also unsurprising. I was a little abashed to see the word "want" featured so prominently, though! And I’m not sure how the word "melee" snuck in there. ^_^
I shared this service with Runycat last week. Here were her immediate thoughts:
[13:50] Phaelia: try this out
[13:50] Phaelia: http://wordle.net/create
[13:50] Phaelia: it’s fun!!
[13:51] Runycat: what is it?
[13:51] Phaelia: it makes a word cloud from your most recent posts
[13:51] Runycat: I hope mine says BONER BONER BONER
[13:51] Phaelia: LOL
Thanks to Anna of Too Many Annas for originally sharing this fun site!
New Tree-Shirt: Restoration Cloud
Using the Wordle service, I created a set of Tree-Shirts featuring words commonly associated with Restoration Druids. These are only available in black but come in a variety of styles for both men and women. Prices range from $15.90 to $23.90.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.