The long-awaited Patch 2.4.3 went live today. You can read the full patch notes as reported by MMO Champion, but here are a few of the changes I found worth mentioning.
- Haris Pilton has launched a new line of bags and jewelry. Check her out in the World’s End Tavern!
These bags are 22-slot and cost 1200 gold. Relevant to Druids in particular given the amount of gear we’re known to tote around. Keep in mind that, with Wrath of the Lich King right around the corner, 22-slot bags will probably become much more accessible soon.
- Mounts at 30?! Yes, it’s true: Apprentice Riding and mounts are now available at level 30. Training costs 35 gold.
This makes the Druid Travel Form gained at level 30, a 40% speed increase, slightly less exciting (though it remains a great PvP tool due to being insta-cast and usable in combat). I’d like to see it made available at level 20 alongside the Shaman equivalent, Ghost Wolf.
- Equipping an item will now cancel any spell cast currently in progress.
This is a substantial change as it invalidates idol-switching for any spell with a cast time (Wrath, Starfire, Regrowth). If you use macros of this nature, make sure you check them and make changes before you raid.
- Barkskin: The cost of this spell is now reduced by Tree of Life Form.
With 2370 base mana at level 70, Barkskin will cost 228 mana in ToL, down from 284.
- Rocket Boots Xtreme and Rocket Boots Xtreme Lite can no longer be used in the arena. These no longer have a failure chance.
Maybe now people will realize that OP Arena mobility is the strict domain of Druids, not engineers!
- Juicy Bear Burgers now correctly increase healing as well as spell damage.
But don’t let BBB catch you eating them!
- Druids: Mangle will no longer incorrectly indicate a 100-yard range on the tooltip.
Corrected a typo in the tooltip for the Druid spell Rip (Rank 4).
I swear Druids are the most tooltip-maligned class. Our class developer must be the office drunk.
- Taking the Druid flight path from Moonglade will no longer dispel buffs.
I find it sad that I never noticed that it did this.
All in all, nothing too exciting (although I am looking forward to getting a couple of alts mounts now). These types of patches tend to whet my appetite for new content, in this case Wrath of the Lich King. 360% armor buff and no movement speed reduction while in Tree of Life? Yes, please!
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.