- The attacker/target range mechanics are being re-evaluated it might be changed for Wrath of the Lich King to fix most of the existing bugs, including the ones affecting the attack range of Feral Druids.
- There is a plan to give player access to two talent specs to switch between them without having to respec all the time.
- There will be a new model for the Druid’s Dire Bear Form and the Dire Cat Form will be introduced.
- Entangling Roots will be useable indoors.
- Nourish will be a new healing spell, healing for more hit points for each HoT effect on the target.
- There isn’t any plan to change Cyclone.
- You will be able to use your flying mount again at level 77, and might be able to take passengers at level 80.
Congratulations, Feral Druids! I couldn’t be happier to see you getting the attention you have long deserved with regard to the range bug and skin updates and additions. Dire Cat Form sounds incredibly cool (Dire Tree Form … not so much). I’m also very excited about the news of a second talent spec that you could switch between. Mayhaps it will be implemented similar to the system I described in Purchasable Talent Specs! It should make deciding on my leveling spec a lot easier if I can also keep an auxiliary Balance/Restoration spec!
|Concept for “Dire Cat Form” by Magnus Lindstrom
NOT AN OFFICIAL MODEL (but we can dream)
We’ve been expecting the news about Nourish and Entangling Roots, and I’m not sure what to think of the announcement that Cyclone isn’t planned to change (there were previously rumors that its Diminishing Returns would be removed for PvE). Michael Gary from WoWInsider paraphrases Chilton’s explanation thus:
Blizzard had entertained thoughts of removing the diminishing returns from Cyclone, to help provide Druids a little more utility in instances. But the large cast time of Cyclone compared to its duration meant a Druid would spend at least half its time in instances casting that spell, and only that spell.
I’m guessing the restriction on flying until level 77 is likely to apply to Druids, as well. It seems kind of LogicLOL that we should “forget” how to fly, especially considering Druids forfeited a standard skill at level 68 to get the ability, but I can understand the desire to ensure players are “forced” to see the new content.
Potions, on-hit effects and items will work in forms.
Will we be able to use flying mounts in Northrend?
Yes, but they will require some sort of attunement, “defrosting.” New mounts will be introduced too, possibly ones that can carry other players.
Will feral druids get new skins in WotLK?
They talked about it, but while some players would like it, other wouldn’t, like when the Rogue stealth animation was changed.
Will druids get male or female optional forms to choose from?
There is plan for a new dire bear form model and the introduction of the dire cat
Will druids have an epic ground form?
Naturally, I’m disappointed that there are no plans for gender-specific modifications for our forms, but I’m even more sad that there are no plans for an epic ground form. I earlier suspected that changes to Entangling Roots being able to be used indoors might indicate plans to make all Arenas indoors only (thus preventing the use of Cheetah form). This seemed all the more likely with the possible bonus armor in Tree of Life and the removal of its movement restriction. It would have also meant that Druids could be considered for an epic-level ground speed form. Alas!
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.