Here are the recent Restoration-relevant changes rumored to have come from Alpha. As always, keep in mind that all or none of these changes may go live, but it does give us a good idea of the direction Blizzard is trying to take us! More after the break (for those who dislike spoilers).
- New! Gift of the Earthmother – Reduces the global cooldown of your Rejuvenation and Lifebloom spells by .1/.2/.3/.4/.5 sec, and causes your Healing Touch and Nourish spells to refund 1/2/3/4/5% of their base cost for each healing over time effect on the target.
- Soothe Animal now works on Dragonkin
- Natures Swiftness – added “with a casting time less than 10 sec.” to description
- Improved Tranquility threat modifier changed to 30%/60% (was 50%/100%)
- Entangling Roots now tick every second (presumably for the same overall damage)
- Lunar Guidance changed to 4%/8%/12% (was 8%/16%/25%)
- Empowered Touch changed to 20%/40% (was 10%/20%)
- Living Seed proc chance changed to 33%/66%/100% (reduced from a 5-point talent) and effect changed to 30% (from 15%)
- Replenish – proc chance changed to 5%/10%/15% (from 4%/7%/10%)
- Nourish – Additional heal changed to “Heals for an additional 12% for each Rejuvenation, Regrowth, or Lifebloom effect cast by you active on the target.” (was “Heals a friendly target for 1550 to 1800. Heals for an additional 387.5 to 450 if Rejuvenation is on the target.”)
It looks like Blizzard is trying to discourage players from electing to take a Moonglow/Dreamstate/Lunar Guidance build by simultaneously nerfing Lunar Guidance and greatly improving the top-Tier Restoration abilities (large improvements made to Replenish and Living Seed). I find the change to Nourish really interesting. By giving us a quick-casting direct heal that’s augmented by the number of HoTs you have running on the target, Blizzard seems to be encouraging Druids to run HoT stacks on fewer tanks with the benefit of having a stronger direct heal at our disposal.
I think the change to Empowered Touch is a good one. Obviously, it’s of greater benefit to a Dreamstate-based healer (who will essentially have a Flash Heal in Nourish and a Greater Heal with Healing Touch), but it also makes it more attractive to those who have been known to pop out of Tree of Life to cast a Nature’s Swiftness + Healing Touch.
The Soothing Touch change, while perceivably pretty minor, could actually end up being nice if there happen to be a number of instances with groups of all-Dragonkin (ex. Sunken Temple).
The change in Nature’s Swiftness may note a significant change to come. Currently, Shaman also have Nature’s Swiftness that they can elect to pick up as a talent. Their version of Nature’s Swiftness has this “with a casting time less than 10 sec.” restriction on its description. Shaman only have two spells with a casting time of 10 seconds or more: Astral Recall and Ancestral Spirit. Astral Recall is their teleport spell and Ancestral Spirit is their out-of-combat resurrection spell. Druids currently have one spell with a casting time of 10 seconds or more: Teleport: Moonglade. If Druids currently don’t have this restriction to Nature’s Swiftness, does this mean they are going to give us an out-of-combat resurrection spell? Cross your fingers.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.