I don’t respec very often, mostly because I’m cheap. In fact, since they applied the patch that caused the price of talent respecs to fall 5 gold a month to a minimum of 15g, I don’t think I’ve ever paid more than 15g to change my build. I’ve put up with some really … not very good talents in the past because I didn’t want to shell out another 20g to fix myself (a practice which I can’t in good conscience advocate — be a responsible respeccer!). Llanion of Mooonfire recently wrote a post entitled, "Fourteen Points about my New Talent Build" which helped inspire me to cast Teleport: Moonglade and select the build that I’ll want to have in 2.4 (which, by all accounts, is coming "soon"). At the risk of being a Copy-Conifer, I’d like to take this opportunity to tell you about some of the highlights from my new build:
- Improved Mark of the Wild 5/5: A waste of 5 points in my opinion, but I have no need for Furor right now. WTB Subtlety at Tier 1 of the Restoration tree!
- Improved Regrowth 5/5: This talent is pretty much the reason for my whole respec. Since I have the strong suspicion that the reduced-cost Regrowth will be a new bread-and-butter spell in my healing retinue, I needed its additional 50% crit chance.
- Empowered Rejuvenation 3/3: This talent being changed to affect the final bloom of Lifebloom helps to offset — but not completely compensate for — the nerf to Lifebloom’s bloom coefficient in 2.4.
- Because Regrowth is becoming so much more viable, I dropped all the talents related to Healing Touch and picked up all those related to HoTs instead. This freed up a number of points I could sink into the Balance tree for killing things that attack me while fishing.
- Living Spirit 3/3: My Spirit is pretty abysmal, but I would hate to think of how much worse it would be without this talent!
- Tree of Life: ZA gear is UGLY. Tree Form helps compensate for that. Oh, and the mana reduction is nice, too.
Improved Tranquility: I included this 2-point talent in my previous build. I think I used Tranquility once in that time period. Depending on how much time I spend in the new 5-man instance, I may consider picking this up again, though.
- Brambles 3/3: I needed more points in Balance to get down to Vengeance. As I consider Brambles to be a raiding talent, this was an obvious choice. I hate having it, though, as it makes me feel extra guilty when I don’t maintain the 10-minute buff on tanks (more about the value of Thorns). Paladins got their base blessings bumped up to 30 minutes, why is Thorns still only 10?
- Insect Swarm: Probably my favorite damage spell. It’s so cheap and when combined with Lifebloom’s super-low mana cost, I feel very eco-friendly and "green."
Thoughts? Questions? Suggestions? Keep in mind that any changes will have to wait a month for the price of a respec to drop back to 15g.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.