Portions of the patch notes reported by MMO-Champion.com as having been leaked early last week have shown up in the latest iteration of the PTR Patch Notes. So far, these changes include the following:
- Lifebloom healing coefficient has been reduced.
- Natural Perfection: This ability will no longer be triggered by taking critical strikes while sitting. In addition, it is now affected by the Subtlety talent and reduces damage by 2/3/4%, down from 1/3/5%.
- Nurturing Instinct increases your healing spells by up to 50/100% of your Agility, and increases healing done to you by
10/20%5/10% of your Attack Power while in Cat Form.
For those who don’t remember, we may possibly expect to see the following additional changes (in one form or another):
- Cyclone range reduced to 20 yards, down from 30.
- Tree of Life: You may now cast any Restoration spell in this form.
- Improved Tranquility: Now also reduces the mana cost of Tranquility by 10/20%.
- Moonkin Form no longer gains 150% attack power or mana returned from melee hits, but now refunds 2% of your total mana every time you critically hit with a spell.
- Force of Nature: Treants now have a 15% chance to proc Entangling Roots on the target.
Edit on 2/20: From my PTR testing, it doesn’t appear that any change has yet been made to Empowered Rejuvenation or to the coefficient associated with either the bloom or tick amounts of Lifebloom, so right now it’s a waiting game. If it turns out that the change to Empowered Rejuvenation cancels or mostly cancels out the reduction to the bloom coefficient, it’s possible that the intention is to reduce the effectiveness of PvP-specced Druids — many of whom do not elect to pick up these talents — while minimally impacting PvE raiding Druids. Because while the majority of our Lifebloom healing does come from its rolling component, the bloom is responsible for a good portion of raid healing, as well. (I often throw out a Lifebloom to a DPS or healer if I have the GCD to spare.)
As an aside, I’m also seeing conflicting reports on whether or not the 15% speed boost for Travel Form was once again removed from the Feral Arena sets; the latest screenshots from MMO Champion appear to be indicative that it has been, but it’s possible that the PTR has not yet been updated with their re-inclusion since the Restoration version also appears to be inconsistent with the most recently released information. I’ll be watching the forums and the comments here and will let you know as soon as I hear something more definitive.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.